Stories of life in the suburbs with Husband and our daughter Squishy and son Button!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dixie Cups Are Small

My Man and I went to our first midwife appointment together. We met with her for about an hour, she did all the tests, asked all the questions, and gave us all the answers. I wasn't sure how far along I was so she scheduled an ultrasound for later that afternoon.

We went to the ultrasound pretty much straight from the midwife offices at the hospital. The ultrasound tech was mad at me for not drinking water. I didn't have time to drink enough water to fill my bladder in the waiting room. I was worried that the ultrasound wouldn't work or something if my bladder wasn't full to bursting. I had My Man bring me six of those little plastic dixie cups full of drinking fountain water into the office so I could say I did my best. 

My best wasn't good enough. This tech was wondering how I could have been so stupid, and she LOVED to hear herself talk. Blah, Blah, Blah. Just let me see my baby, okay? 


Me: "Awww, it looks like a little gummy bear."
My Man: *tears* (He's so sweet!)

So, this baby is due September 12th, 2010. That is 40 weeks to the day from conception. This first ultrasound picture measures the baby at 7 weeks 2 days, as depicted in the lower left hand corner.

Remember how I told you to keep that date in mind?

Me: "Holy crap, we got engaged 7 weeks and 2 days ago. This is an engagement night baby!"
My Man: "So the people that sold me your ring are responsible for this?"
Me: "I'm hungry."

No comments:

Post a Comment