Stories of life in the suburbs with Husband and our daughter Squishy and son Button!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Packing for the Hospital

When the nesting phase started, I organized, reorganized, cleaned, opened, set up, packed, unpacked, sorted...are there any other synonyms? If you think of anything, let me know.

I spent a good two weeks making lists and actually researching what to bring to the hospital. I, like many before me, over packed. I won't tell you all the stuff I brought, but here is a list of things we actually used or needed while we were in the hospital:
  • boppy pillow (good for beginner breast feeders)
  • maternity pajamas (I didn't like the hospital gowns)
  • showering supplies and toiletries (you won't get dolled up, but I did want a shower)
  • slipper socks
  • underwear and pads (peri care is taught after labor, but for going home I wanted my own underwear and a smaller pad
  • sweatpants or maternity clothes (you're going to be looking like a 5 month preggie)
  • pillow and fleece blanket from home (couldn't live without, hospital beds suck)
  • one DVD
  • hospital provided baby starter supplies, so we literally only needed one outfit and 3 receiving blankets
  • car seat installed
  • laptop for updating social networks
  • cell phone and charger
  • camera and batteries
  • money for food or snacks (our visitors brought us meals most of the time. I remember during labor I asked my husband for 2 green M&Ms and he had them)
  • my husband packed his own bag like going out of town for 2 days (clothes, books, meds, etc.)

Are there any other must haves?

No comments:

Post a Comment