Stories of life in the suburbs with Husband and our daughter Squishy and son Button!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Second Trimester High

Being married made me feel the same, only more....something.

I don't want to sound disrespectful or rude in any way, but I felt accomplished. Not like girls in the 1950s felt when they got married straight out of middle school and their high for the week was getting a new washing machine. I refer you all to Mona Lisa Smile. 

I didn't want to be one of those girls on the social networking sites that dates a guy for two weeks, gets knocked up, then has to raise the baby herself. I was in a loving, committed relationship that was already going down that road when Squishy happened. I guess the wedding was my way of telling the world that I was, in fact, a grown up. I felt good. 

I went back to work full time with my head held high. I was somebody's somebody. I was growing a tiny human. I was a strong, independent, adorable preggie and I had a man that would love me forever. I was HAPPY :)

Another thing happened right after the wedding: I popped. For all you preggies, you know what this means. My belly decided to cross that fine line separating the "maybe preggie, maybe fat" to "when is the baby due" shape. 

This one is the wedding day. I don't think a complete stranger would be able to tell...
Two weeks after the wedding, however...
This happened.

I know the angles on the pictures might be a little strange, maybe you just have to take my word for it. I was starting to feel pregnant. Yes, I could still maneuver. Yes, I could still see my feet, sort of. Cravings were kicking up, and sickness was going away (FINALLY!!!). 

Other symptoms for the end of the second trimester is a long list for me to remember. Here's what my mommy brain could muster:

Fruit
Water
Sciatic Nerve Pain
Retaining water
B-b-b-b-bad reactions to salt
Heartburn at night
Lots of sex drive
Foot rubs
Drool (tons, like, you can't even imagine)

If you think of anything else, please let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment