Stories of life in the suburbs with Husband and our daughter Squishy and son Button!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No More Lazy Days

Every time I hear that song "Lazy Days" I turn the radio off.

I don't feel like songs about being lazy or being out of work are appropriate. I don't think that singing (mostly auto-tuned/rapping) about shaking your ass, being "crunk", staying out late partying, or having random unprotected sex with as many people as possible is appropriate either. So I'm doing my part by ending my lazy streak.  

I haven't written in a while. Even after I checked Google Analytics and the RSS Feed and discovered I had over 30 loyal readers, I've let you down yet again. For that, folks, I apologize. 

I don't know what's gotten into me lately. I'm in what you would call a "funk". I know it's a funk because I'm thinking about getting another tattoo or changing my hair (drastically). Whenever these extreme thoughts start becoming an every day occurrence, it means there is some kind of hole in my life that needs filling. 

I've been thinking a lot about going back to school. I have an insane want for finishing my education. No, finishing is the wrong word. I want to continue my education. 

Maybe if I post about it on my blog I'm finally accountable to people I don't know? Don't you think I should have the motivation I need simply because I have a daughter? I think so. So why is it so hard for me to get up and just do it? I don't want to make excuses any more. I don't want to be in this funk. I have a wonderful husband and a very supportive family. I can do this. I'm going back to school. There is too much I have in myself to let it all go to waste. My "Lazy Days" are ending.

(The fact that this is the very first post I have labeled "school" made me smile.)

No comments:

Post a Comment