Stories of life in the suburbs with Husband and our daughter Squishy and son Button!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Weebles Wobble...

But Squishies fall down. 

That's right. Squishy fell and hit her head for the first time. She was in the sitting position between Husband and me next to the coffee table. The coffee table in question has a shelf. Well, Squishy was looking for something on that shelf and she found it...with her face. 

She tipped into the shelf and hit right between her eyes. 

We then come to something called the delayed scream. This is different from the morning wake up yell, the diaper rash gripe, or the hungry whine. This is a fuck you/get away from me/cuddle me scream that turns the palest little red head's face the color of an eggplant. It's only reserved for days with pain or surprise.  

So after some daddy cuddles and distractions away from the big, bad coffee table, a bump and yellow bruise formed right between Squishy's eyes. Let me tell you, this shade of yellow is not her color. 

I'm sure there will be many more falls. Even since writing this post there have been catches and little head bonks here and there. I haven't thought about extensive child-proofing since we have such a small space, but since Squishy is more and more adventurous each passing day. That sense of wonder mixed with the fact that I'm not allowed out of her sight line is the reason I am no longer allowed privacy in the bathroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment