Stories of life in the suburbs with Husband and our daughter Squishy and son Button!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Juice It Good

So I'm gonna try something for the next couple weeks. 

Apprehensive? Yeah, me too. 

After watching the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (I love you, Netflix Instant Queue!) I decided I wanted to try doing a Reboot

This plan will consume my life for 15 days (maybe more):
  • Fruits and vegetables only!
  • No beans, nuts, seeds, or dairy.
  • No animal product of any kind.
  • Juicing fruits and veggies to replace at least one meal a day.
  • Lots of water and herbal tea.
I've been doing okay with my healthy eating and working out. I have been looking for inspiration and motivation on the internet. Not that I don't think my friends and family would be supportive, I didn't want to tell my family or friends about my goals because I didn't want the added pressure. I think that if everyone knew I was trying to lose weight every time I ate in front of them I would be scrutinized for it.  I've been having productive conversations with my dad about healthy choices since he's been training for a hiking trip. He loves my kale chips.

Back to the Reboot. 

I will be doing a prep week to try different juice recipes. During that time I will also attempt to cut back on things that are healthy that I will ultimately have to give up for the duration of my Reboot: Cheese, beans, and nuts. 

What I'm expecting to get out of this:
  • A lot of hunger
  • Feeling gross in the first few days
  • Water weight loss
  • Healthier eating habits 
Hopefully when all this is over I'll be a bit slimmer, and I'll be more conscious about eating fruits and vegetables. It's like being thrown into total immersion to learn a language...You're bound to pick something up. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment