Stories of life in the suburbs with Husband and our daughter Squishy and son Button!

Friday, August 26, 2011

My First Reboot

I wanted to write a little about how I felt about each day of my first reboot. If you have no earthly clue what I'm talking about, check these posts for a little perspective...

Juice it Good
On My Own...

Day 1
I was still heavy into my prep week when I tried to do an all juice day. It went very well. I had a Purple Power juice with hidden carrots and kale that I sipped all day. I was feeling confident that I could do this Reboot. So today will mark Day 1.
Day 2
I woke up today feeling like crap. I had started to actually detox. It felt like the flu, aches and pains. Plus I was extremely tired. I didn't want to repeat this process in a week so I decided that yesterday was Day 1 and I had more juice and veggies for breakfast. I'm taking it slow, drinking a lot of water, and sleeping whenever I can.
Day 3
I felt fine this morning, made some strawberry beet ginger juice for breakfast. I've been really good about drinking hot tea right away in the morning with a big glass of water. I'm tired, I've been sleeping whenever Squishy sleeps. Water, water, water. I miss cheese. I bought a half wheel of Minnesota organic Camembert that I was saving to eat when I'm done the the Reboot, but now I have to hide it from myself in the fridge.
Day 4
I love fruits and vegetables. I love fruits and vegetables. I love fruits and vegetables. I love fruits and vegetables. Hard day today. I just want a chicken and black bean quesadilla. I want butter. When I was craving something sweet and crunchy, I grabbed a carrot. I ate three carrots. Today I learned carrots aren't chocolate.
Day 5 
Today was better. I watched the documentary that started all this again. I went to the website and read some encouraging messages from fellow Rebooters. I've been doing this for 5 days I'm not going to quit now. Let's push for a week and evaluate. I think at Day 7 I'll do a weigh in for some motivation to push through.
Day 6
First, I didn't sleep well last night. I have summer cold coming on which sucks. I really want a hot bowl of dumpling soup, bread, mashed potatoes. But I am getting used to the not having the simple comforts of cheese and carbs. I may be bitter. Maybe. But I'm almost to a whole week on the program! Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels. I want cornbread.
Day 7
I have completed a whole week of this Reboot and honestly I didn't think I was going to make it this far. I'm crabby, no doubt about that. I'm also very tired. I'm really glad that it's almost over but with everything considered I don't think I'm going to make it the full 15 days. I also ate some black beans today because I just could not take the lack of protein. I think I'm going to end up using the black beans as an excuse to end early...we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Day 8
Today was my last day of Rebooting. All in all I lost some water weight, but nothing to write home about. I would keep this diet in mind if I ever run into the need of getting rid of water weight or just cleaning out my intestines. I would only follow the program for 3 to 5 days at that point.

Going in I had made some assumptions about what this was going to do to me. I have realized the following things:

  • Kale makes any juice brown but not undrinkable.
  • Organic carrots are really delicious solid or juiced.
  • Cherries are damn expensive, hard to pit, and mold easily.
  • Watermelon is worth it.
  • Cheese and bread are things I cannot live without.
  • Pair beets with ginger or it tastes like dirt.
  • I love going to the Farmer's Market.
  • I actually really enjoy starting and ending my day with a nice cup of Lemon Zinger tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment