Stories of life in the suburbs with Husband and our daughter Squishy and son Button!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Expert Mommy Turns One!

I have officially been blogging for a year! I averaged one post every three days and branched from stories to Baby Guide and Recipes that get equal or more views than the other posts. I've started walking, lost weight, and now I'm writing Button Blogs so I can keep memories of my second pregnancy forever in tact.

Expert Mommy's birthday coincidentally coincides with the new year. I'm not one for resolutions or reflections. I spent the day pondering predictions. I have one goal that's been sticking out in my mind for about two months and part of my feels like if I make it public maybe it'll carry more weight with me.

I want Button's birth to be natural. That is, no medications for pain.

I was even looking into a home water birth but Husband was not comfortable with the idea of not being in a hospital in case something happened. I knew the hospital I will deliver at didn't have big pools to labor and deliver in until my mom said that may change soon. I am hopeful once more.

I feel like I was not well prepared for the pain of labor with Squishy. Who can be prepared, right? Nobody can prepare you for something you've never done before especially if it's unique to you and your body. Well, now I've done it once before and I want to change my mind set and do it intervention-free this time.

So, in light of the New Year and the fact that I don't want my blog's birthday post to be a recipe (watch out for Tiramisu next week!) I will spend the coming months preparing myself and Husband for a natural childbirth.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment