Stories of life in the suburbs with Husband and our daughter Squishy and son Button!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Play Suite

My last month or so was harder than I thought it was...but I didn't notice until everything calmed down and gave me a chance to reflect. 

Thanksgiving, the end of my first trimester, my best friend's wedding, and the end of my semester at school were all happening simultaneously. 

I am officially on Winter Break from school. I was planning on taking next semester and the summer off to have Button and settle in a bit with having two kids. On my last day of class, however, my Argument professor, who has been poking around this blog a bit and may actually read this (Hi Dr. J!!!), made a very tempting offer. She's teaching a gender course starting January that sounds like a blast. It's not writing or test heavy, which makes me think that I can do it and concentrate on school and growing a person and being a full time House Manager all at the same time. 

I was wondering if she'd let me bring one of those exercise balls to sit on as I round the corner to full term since the chairs on campus probably won't permit a hefty preggie any comfort. Husband wants me to do it if I think I can do it. I want to, but I am still thinking about it. I've got a little time. 

I did all the laundry, vacuumed, put up our tree, cleaned out Squishy's closet and put 5 bags in storage and 5 bags in donations. I arranged Squishy's toys in a new play area I've dubbed "The Play Suite". Hopefully this will keep the toys confined to one half of the apartment instead of the entire apartment. We are on Day 2 of The Play Suite and it's going well so far! 

The Play Suite: Rocking horse, canvas tub of animals,
bookshelf, blocks, and big girl toys.
Don't forget the giant stuffed hippo.

She likes having all her books in the same place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment