Stories of life in the suburbs with Husband and our daughter Squishy and son Button!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Button Blogs! Half Way There

Today marks 20 weeks, or half way through my pregnancy. It remains blissfully uneventful. I thought I would be writing a lot more about it, but I don't want to bore you all.

We did have our first, and most likely only ultrasound! If you've read about my ultrasounds with Squishy, you'd know that they were great, but the technician always leaves something to be desired...

Well, I tried my best to prepare. This was my fourth ultrasound with this particular technician. All I had to do was have a full bladder! I stopped peeing at 12 and drank two bottles of water, and sipped throughout the afternoon until our 3 PM appointment.

Husband and I were asscorted to the ultrasound room. I dropped trou and got on the table.

We were then scolded for having children so young. She was certain that this was my first baby. I said we had a little girl waiting at home. I said this in a loving way. Making it perfectly obvious that Squishy is my world and the apple of her father's eye. Nope, we should have waited to have kids.

Then when mentioned Squishy's age (almost 17 months) we were further admonished for having our kids so close together!

I felt like walking out. But I expected nothing less from this woman. And I was pantless and covered in gel so it's a little difficult to make a dramatic exit at that point.

But surely I would be praised for my full bladder, right???

Nope. It wasn't full enough for her liking. Shit. 0 for 3. Can I just see my little Button now, please?

Button with hand in mouth.
Button didn't stop moving the entire time during the ultrasound. Most of the pictures we got were blurry, but we did get to see tiny tiny boy parts! That's right, baby Button is a boy!!!

I felt very proud that I was going to have a son. It was a kind of pride I didn't have with Squishy, or just some variation of an emotion. I am most excited for Squishy to have a baby brother. They will be young at first, but I expect their ages to foster a strong sibling relationship. Also, I was immediately struck with the need for instant gratification. I want my baby already!!!

1 comment:

  1. SO excited for you hun!!!! How exciting!! 1/2 way! And now you're even a month closer than that! :) Can't wait to see pics when he comes! You're so lucky to have such a beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete